Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Sneak peek (or not)

Where has all the time gone? In just 5 months, my grandson Lachlan will already be 2 years old!  It hasn't even been that long since I shared about his existence here! He is my world these days and everything I do seems to revolve around him. When he is with me (which is a LOT), I can't do anything much that doesn't involve him and I have had to adjust my own life according to his schedule. It is much like being a first time mother all over again! It has been a great challenge but I am not complaining.  I am happy!

When Lachlan is not with me, that is when I squeeze in my baking. I try to finish cake orders first. If by some miracle, I still have the time (and will) to do some experimenting then that is a huge bonus! Today, for instance, Lachlan is at daycare.  Guess what I am having for lunch? Cake πŸ™…!!  I made a Rocky Road cake this morning,  the recipe of which I intend to include in my "I don't know if it's ever going to get finished" second book.

It's another copycat of a Red Ribbon bakeshop cake.
Truth is, I have been making new cakes for the past several months with the same intention of putting all of them in the book. Sometimes I have to time it when there's an occasion, like this Chocolate Pistachio cake which I made for my husband's birthday last November...


Or this Biscoff (or Speculoos) cake for my sister in-law's birthday in December.


Other times I make cakes just because it makes me feel guilty not to exert more effort...

Mocha crumble cake
Coconut almond (Rafaello) cake
Chocolate mousse cake
There are still more but I am going ever so slowly with the writing and drafting 😒 And I still have this whole list of ideas for cakes to do!

I know I have been real unfaithful to this blog. But I do hope you are all still out there.  And I hope you are still willing to wait patiently for me. Motivate me, please πŸ™ If you have any request for cakes that you want me to "copy", let me know! Make my list even longer πŸ˜„!

Ok that's it for now!  I have to go and clean up everything I used to make my Rocky Road cake.  I just dumped them in the sink so I can update this blog while I still can.  Till next!

14 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for a new post from you. I check your blog every week. Although im subscribed via email i still open the blog which is on my screen so its just 1 click just in case i miss to receive an email of your new entry. I understand how busy (and happy) it could be if you have a baby at home and i commend you for still having able to bake because when i had my daughter i stopped taking orders and just bake for the family. I will diligently wait for your book to finish and im excited to try your new cakes.I am ever so thankful for your generosity. God bless you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be willing to have a go at a peanut-butter and chocolate cheesecake? :D I've been watching Youtube recipe videos of Gretchen's Bakery, and although I get inspired by her, I'm not sure I can trust her taste in sugar. I get the feeling she's got a heavy hand in sugar. Do you think you could have a crack at copying her peanut butter chocolate cheesecake recipe? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a cheesecake person. Maybe I can do a cake with that flavour combination.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah, pa-request rin ng black forest? :D (Pakapalan na ng mukha. :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black forest recipe is already in my first book!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yup, I have done that! But instead of wafers inside, it's cake. The wafer sticks are just on the outside :)

      Delete
  5. I am so excited for your 2nd book. Can't wait to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you make a version of Japanese cheesecake? It is like a chiffon but with cream cheese on it. By the way I love your vanilla chiffon cake and I already kinda perfect it yay!!! I use it to make yema cake & caramel cake.
    Thank you Mis Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your recipe❤❤❤...thank you Ms Corinne😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you can,pls pls the blueberry cheesecake of bag of beans! 😍😍 truthfully, im not much of a fan of cheesecakes.. However, a two layer cheesecakes with the top layer tastes like milky whipped cream i think while the bottom layer is not that sour (?) taste of the cream cheese.. The only cheesecake i might eat for more than a single serving that i will truly enjoy 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms. Corinne

    Your ebook at etsy is already sold out. How can i purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still on my Etsy, just in another listing. Pls find it in the shop.

      Delete
  10. Chocolate cake ala red ribbon please Ms Corinne

    ReplyDelete